Friday, June 4, 2010

STYLE vs. HEALTH


For those of you who have lived the cycle of dieting, success, defeat, High Self Esteem, Low Self Esteem, putting on weight, losing more weight and hopefully finally Self Acceptance…You are not alone.

My sisters and I have lived that cycle over and over. We have great Genes in some regard, but fight against others on a daily basis. The older I get, the less I care about what people think and the more concerned I get with my health.

I read this article recently that put a spotlight on actresses who are too thin. I’m sure the pressure to be perfect they feel is overwhelming at times…but is it worth your health? Check out the pictures...

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/slideshow/walking-thin-line-2182608

Beauty and Style have nothing to do with size, Take care of YOU

Don’t believe the Hype…Middlest

3 comments:

Libbie said...

I haven't gone to see the pics yet...but it is scary either way isn't it! Wish I could be in the middle!

ShelliGib said...

Yikes! Not good!! Miss you! Your sister and I were saying you need to come visit me after the baby is born!!

Natasha in Oz said...

I totally agree with you.

Gosh that picture is sickening! She must have a very low self esteem. I worry when I see pictures like that-What a terrible role model she is for young girls everywhere.

Best wishes,
Natasha.