Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Relationships will be Your Legacy...not your LV handbag


Be a generous spirit

I walked down by the lake today. The wind was in my hair and the sun on my face. I listened to the peace of the water hitting the beach and the gentle noises of the birds. I found myself getting lost in the water, looking at the different currents and the constant movement.

It reminded me of how no matter what we are going through, life goes on. We all face these battles that seem so impossible and overwhelmingly sad to begin with, but at 25 yrs of age I already see how those times have made me better, stronger & more at peace. That is when I find my strength.

Every family has its trials, and for me the best way to deal, is to lend a helping hand. For you it may be helping out financially or emotionally or simply cooking dinner for someone. I’m not always great with words, or even great at showing sympathy. It's not that I don’t have it yet, it's that new situations are scary to me...I don’t know how to deal...and I have to feel my way thru every one.

I love my career, and feel that it soaks up 90% of my life, but at the end of the day, how do I have energy for that & family matters? The older I get the more understanding and humble I have become. I choose to be that way rather than bitter and grumpy...that didn’t work!! Lol. I have opened my heart and mind to my trials. WHAT can I do to HELP...What can I do to make someone else’s situation BETTER...and you know what? The second I took the focus off me, things started to change and somehow it all just works…the career, the family…the life.

My constant faith is an absolute strength, but for some reason I had been selfish and inconsiderate of what those close to me may need. When we find ourselves in situations when things fall into place, whether we like it or not, we follow that path which one day leads us to the “Ah-Ha” moment. Balancing a career, and being a giving person is a great task. I can see how big my heart can be and how much joy I can bring, through the simple things in life.

My point: We have to give to others to make our world go round. So today I want you to drop everything that is bothering you. And write down situations where you could help someone, start lending a helping hand. Remember… Your relationships will be your legacy, not your Lexus or your handbag or that amazing pair of new shoes...

It can be as simple as a smile, or "how are you today?”

Create Your Legacy

Love, the youngest :)

No comments: