Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Style Galore at MET Costume Institute Gala



Monday night, Manhattan was ablaze with celebrities (like Jennifer Lopez show above) sporting their favorite designers all in honor of what we celebrate daily here…the ”American Woman: Fashioning a National Identity”

Colors and fabrics were on display as the Red Carpet donned such Fashion royalty as Vera Wang, Karl Lagerfeld and Zac Posen. Everything from asymmetrical lengths, cutouts and Gladiator Heels to Old Hollywood Glam, draped buttery smooth fabrics and soft curls.

We’ve included some of our favorites and some not-so-favorites…You decide for yourself!! Cast your vote for best Style!

Sarah Jessica Parker

Jessica Alba

singer “Cassie”

Oprah Winfrey with Oscar de le Renta

Chloe Sevigny

Iman

Rachel Weisz

Kristen Stewart

Kerry Washington

Anne Hathaway

Mila Kunis

5 comments:

the Oldest said...

Om totally with Iman... love the sleek black, the sleeves add perfect balance to a woman with HIPS like me.... I think I would have gone for a more dramatic earring... but love the hair up.

Thanks for posting T!

MS/AC Fan said...

Sarah Jessica Parker...such fun fabric- I couldn't pull off the poofy waste but it looks great on her! :)

ShelliGib said...

I'm going with Jessica Alba! Love that sleek look and I like the color, different!

{all things tickled pink} said...

Hi, thank you for stopping by and following my blog! It's always great to see new visitors/followers. I love your blog. We are three sisters too, so I can relate. I am the big sis, lil'ones are twins :-)

Love Jessica Alba's dress...I'm in love with those soft, flesh tones. Perfect for the season.

I'm following you now. Have a great Thursday!

Libbie said...

ya know...even though the J Lo craze has long since passed...i am still in it! She wins! Although Anne Hathaway is a close 2nd :) Wonder what they would say about my outfit today :)